Here is a tutorial on how I created the spanish castle color illusion.
There are many ways of achieving this same effect, but this is how I did it.
You will need Photoshop or a similar photo
editor. And a photo. I used a small photo for this tutorial,
but larger photos with a lot of color work best.
1. Open up that photo. On the menu bar select Layer —> Duplicate Layer.
2. Select the bottom layer. Select Image —> Adjust —> Desaturate.
3. Pick a 50% grey from the color palette.
4. Select the top layer. Select Edit —> Fill. Use Foreground Color, Mode: Luminosity, Opacity 100%.
5. Select Image —> Adjust —> Invert.
6. Make a new layer and draw a dot in the middle.
7. If you want, try tweaking the layers, increasing the saturation, brightness, sharpening, etc.
8. Save a JPEG. Turn off the 2nd layer and save another JPEG.
9. Upload to your webserver and make them into a rollover, or, open them in a program that will let you save an animation, like Imageready or Flash.
10. Enjoy !
Here's a Photoshop action that will do steps 1-5 for you. You'll have to draw your own dot. I think you can handle it!
Let me know if you create your own version of this illusion, or something similar, and and I will include it on a page of variations.
You can leave comments on this post.
Students interested in visiting Spanish castle to take a closer look of the color illusion, usually think of a cheap cruise, and before they book hotel, they look for a travel insurance agent. Though Spanish resorts are nothing when compared with the kauai vacation in the beautiful island of Hawaii. Hawaii resorts offer great services like those offered in the hotels in paris. Kauai hotel deals also include discount airline packages including malaysia airlines.
© John Sadowski 2006